<You know Jesus is all you need when Jesus is all you have..>

Friday, July 16, 2004

This morning's bus ride (16 July 2004)

Woke up this morning feeling very fresh!! Wanna know why? Cos i had 11 hours of sleep!! After work yesterday got home feelin so dead, stuffed dinner down my throat, and was knocked out on my bed at 8 oclock. the next thing i know it's 7 am in the morning. I feel so rested.
 
Today on the my bus ride to work, i finally took control of myself to not play the games in my pda( hehe.. i know it's suppose to help my QT to write down stuff.. but i guess i was a little distracted.. but i still do my QT =) .. )  I feel that bus rides is a time to relax and playing games on my pda makes me very tired. So after doing my QT, i just looked out the window and ponder and just chat with God.. ( erm.. if i am chatting with God am i still doing my QT ?? haha watever). Then many thoughts came to my head, which i will type them out now before i start forgeting.
 
Well the first thought that i had, was regarding 2 of my friends, i just met them on Wed and had a great time talking to them. One of them was sharing about himself wanting the change church, this is because he feels that he is not growing in the churhc, and that when he is there, all he does is service and ministry work. He felt very left out, that people in his church only call him when they need his help, and that they do not ask him about his welfare and what has been happening in his life. When i suggested to him that he can say no, he said then there is no one else to do it. He also says that he does not hang out with his church people as much as his outside friends. Well the other friend who just got back from a mission trip felt the same way. Well even though the mission trip was great, but had the same feelings about church, but does not have the idea of changing church. Well this is a summary of what they had shared.. 
 
These are just some thoughts that i had:
Firstly, i feel that changing churches does not change everything. I believe that service is a response because of our Love for God, as well as the people he loves, that's why we serve. You will always be growing because of your love for God, and craving to know more about him. I feel that God place you in the church for a purpose, if it is to serve, then you can get your input from other places.  When you address the youth in your church as "Your youth" is shows how much you have possess it, when it is not yours. That's why you are tired, you gotta let God handle it, cause it's God's youths. If you cant say no because nobody else is there to do it, i have 2 questions if you leave who is going to do it? and what makes you think only you can do God's work.  Erm.. are my thoughts very harsh? just felt that sometimes when we let emotions or feelings take over, we just feel very lost. well i believe everyone will go through it, but i wana encourage you to ask God for the purpose in the things you do. That it will align your thoughts with his will.

Yup .. just my thoughts.